How to Make Medicated Avocado Oil
We love this recipe for medicated Avocado Oil from our friends at Sous Weed!
Avocado oil is one of the top five foods highest in vitamin E, rich in anti-inflammatory oleic acids, and it's great for you inside and out ;)
That said, other than consuming it, medicated avocado oil (avocuddle oil, if you will) is also a great addition to your nightstand. Avocuddle oil can be used for massage, as a topical pain-relieving salve, and even as a tingly personal lubricant.
Alright, let's get down and dirty.
Makes 8 oz
• 8 oz avocado oil (or substitute with coconut oil)
• 1/2 oz cannabis clippings/trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
1. First you need to decarb your trim to activate the THC. You can decarb using the sous vide method or you can wrap the trim in foil and place in the oven at 310ºF for 10-18 minutes. You know it's ready when it starts smelling like a Christmas tree.
2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).
3. Pour the avocado or coconut oil in a large canning jar and add the warm, decarbed trim. Seal the jar and place into the water bath to sous vide for 4 hours to fully infuse.
4. After 4 hours, gently remove jar from water bath and let cool.
5. Strain out the trim with a cheese cloth and discard.
6. Keep the oil in a cool dark place or in the fridge.