A Cannabis Matcha Made in Heaven
This non-medicated hemp seed matcha smoothie by Sous Weed is an excellent way to start your morning. Hemp seeds are loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Studies show women with PMS who take one gram of essential fatty acids per day resulted in a significant decrease in symptoms.
The sous vide ginger syrup can be made way in advance and it's great to have around for teas, cocktails, and cookies. We especially love the way it gives this smoothie a warm, spicy kick!
I Love You So Matcha Smoothie
Ingredients for Sous Vide Ginger Syrup
• 1/2 cup fresh ginger, slices
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup water
Ingredients for Smoothie
• 1/2 tsp matcha
• 3 Tbsp ginger syrup
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1/2 cup greek yogurt
• 1/2 lemon juiced
• 1 cup dark leafy greens
• 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
• Handful of ice
Directions for Sous Vide Ginger Syrup:
1. Set sous vide water bath to 50ºC (122ºF)
2. Put all ingredients into a zip bag and seal using the water displacement method.
3. Submerge and sous vide for 2 hours.
4. Remove from water bath, strain, and store syrup in a jar in the fridge. Use in your teas, smoothies, cocktails, and desserts!
Directions for smoothie:
1. Blend matcha, ginger syrup, almond milk, yogurt, lemon juice, leafy greens, hemp seeds, and ice in a blender until smooth.
2. Serve with a sprinkle of hemp seeds on top and enjoy immediately.